Sunday, September 12, 2010

Ramblings and frustrations

So this week has proven frustrating.
Assignment 2 for ETL 401 wasn't exactly clear in the outline or the podcast, and even though more information was sought earlier the answers didn't come until this week. Has meant alot of frantic searchings and facebook statuses about my frustration.
I have learnt though that the skills I have been learning through this subject and 501 has proven useful as I scramble for more information that is required.

As I read through the standards about teaching and teacher librarians it has motivated me and inspired me to be a better teacher and eventually a teacher librarian. Something to aspire to and encourage my fellow teachers with. They have also shown me the extent and importance of the TL role and further added to the knowledge of what this role encompasses vs what I knew and thought before I started this course.

The standards are the ALIA/ASLA standards, Australian School Library Association (ASLA) and Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA). (2004). Library standards of professional excellence for teacher librarians. They can be found at http://www.asla.org.au/policy/standards.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment