Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A-HA!

So I was doing one of the readings for last week (I'm a week behind because of assignments, illnesses and work) on the Big 6 and I had an A-ha moment! I remember reading on someone else's blog about how this course expects alot from us, reading wise etc and isn't really backing up what its teaching us... Anyway, when I read about metacognition, I realised the purpose of this blog. Its so we can see, and our lecturers can see that which can't be "seen", how we think about thinking, how we are sorting out all this information, what we are thinking about it, learning about ourselves and how we approach learning, study, research.

so it all became clear.
End of a-ha moment, and now back to reading...

2 comments:

  1. That is encouraging!

    We all have different views don't we? I am no expert but I think this course teaches us the way we teach our students and is a great example set to us of RBL!! Some of the readings are so practical and reasonable that I feel motivated by many of them.

    Can't wait for the next A-HA!!

    BTW, anyone out there remeber the band A-HA?? (Just showing my age)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I think that the course is really putting into practice what they are wanting us to teach. Just because they put 50 articles down to read, does it mean we really need to read them all? Or are we meant to be using selection, and gaining information for the need we have? (so one thing I do is I read everything that pertains to my assignment, and the essential readings, and leave everything else).
    hahahaha I remember A-ha. You can't be that old!

    ReplyDelete